We fulfill our mission by:
- Providing a challenging, constructivist learning environment, with the arts, sciences and physical education integrated into the standards-based curriculum, that inspires independent thinking, imagination and a passion for learning.
- Maintaining and supporting our diverse student body.
- Teaching our children that they are citizens of the world; creating policies that embrace equal opportunity and the dignity of others; and encouraging the members of our entire school community to be engaged and active in society.
- Nurturing a unique community that includes families, teachers, staff and other community members who are active participants in the education and social and emotional development of our children.
- Giving teachers time, resources, support, and autonomy to: a) continually develop their pedagogical skills in a collaborative, professional learning community; b) create, evaluate and refine curricula; and c) ensure that all students have every opportunity to achieve.
- Using opportunities in and out of the classroom for peer mentoring, multi-age instruction and socialization.
- Instilling a community-wide dedication to volunteerism and family participation so we have adequate support, resources and funds to offer a rich and varied educational program.
- Promoting active communication between the school and the students’ homes, and providing meaningful family education programs.
- Creating partnerships within the community, the charter school movement, the school district, and with other educational institutions, including helping other charter schools as they develop.
- Creating a sustainable organization that functions at a consistently high level and attracts highly qualified professionals to ensure the long-term viability of the school.
- Ensuring that our students learn to communicate effectively, seek to understand, share and care, take responsibility and persevere.